Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterK PeterK is offline

Default Water repellent

"kev007" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm planning to paint the gable end of my Victorian terrace with
siliconce water repellent to stop penetrating damp. Anyone any
experience of this?

I'm looking at some repellent from Sovereign which is meant to be good.
Best applied with a coarse droplet low pressure spray.If I'm hiring one
of these from HSS, what exactly am I looking for?

Any other tips would be great.

I've applied it with a cheap garden sprayer. Balancing how much its pumped
up with unscrewing the nozzle a bit to flood the surface rather than
spraying. Watch the wind if you spray, it will drift in the slightest breeze
and is easily seen on cars and windows. I couldn't find any data sheets on
the Sovereign site but I know some products require the surface to be kept
dry for 30 days before application!. There are water based products on the
market but no knowledge of them. I don't know what the BS6477 that some
products meet contains.

PeterK