Posted to uk.d-i-y
TC TC is offline

Default RCD tripping - why?!

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article . com,
"TC" writes:
My house was rewired 3 or 4 years ago and I have never had a problem
with it but now the RCD is switching the electricity off as soon as I
reset it. I have found that the problem circuit is the one for the
kitchen sockets and have disconnected everything and switched off the
boiler that is also on the circuit but this does not help. Is there
anything obvious I can check or do I need to get an electrician in?

Make sure all the plugs are pulled out too -- just switching off
isn't necessarily enough to stop a faulty appliance tripping an
RCD.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for all the advice. I (think I) have disconnected everything
and have checked all the sockets for loose wires but the circuit still
causes the RCD to trip. I think I'm going to get a pro in and hope it
doesn't need rewiring!

TC