Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default shattered broken inspection chamber cover - why?

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Andrew Mawson used his keyboard to write :
Drain covers come in many guises. There are pedestrian service

ones
and traffic service, and probably many shades in between.If it is

in a
driveway, presumably it 'should' be a vehicle rated one, but is

it?
What ever it is, demonstrably it is not 'fit for purpose' so you
should call the developer to account. As for foul sewerage or

surface
drainage, get someone to flush the toilets while you watch the

hole -
mind it will take a while if it's a long driveway.

Read the spec. with a pinch of salt...

I bought and fitted two covers rated 3 ton, they permanently

deformed
under the weight of one wheel of my car, the very first time I drove
over them. Supplier had to swap them FOC for 5 ton rated ones, which
luckily fitted in the same frame.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Maker would probably claim that the 3 ton is 'evenly distributed' -
same way floor loadings are quoted rather than the 'point load' - or
infact fat line of contact with a tyre

AWEM