Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Rich Rich is offline

Default Tankless Hot Water Heaters

NuWaveDave wrote:
"Gary KW4Z" wrote in message
I've looked at Takagi, Rinnai, Noritz, Paloma, Bosch, and Rheem. Like
everything else most familiarity with Tankless hot water
heaters comes from
advertisements on the radio and TV and of those Rinnai seems to put
the most
money in that area.

Of you who have a tankless hot water heater which ones are the most
trouble
free and which would you recommend? Thanks, in advance, for your
help and input.

At what elevation are you? It's been recommended to me that a
tankless water heater loses considerable efficiency at higher
altitudes.

I have the Bosch and would recommend it. It has a built in ignition system
that runs by the water turning a wheel to create the spark so it will even
work when the electric fails. I bought the smaller 1 use at a time unit but
for a family of 3 or more I would recommend the larger unit. But for me the
1 use is just fine. It installed easily (by myself) and has worked
flawlessly for 3 months that I have had it.

Rich