Posted to alt.home.repair
JLagg JLagg is offline

Default replace microwave oven light?

Dan_Musicant wrote:
On 3 Jan 2007 14:11:28 -0800, "JLagg" wrote:

: Myself, the first thing I do when I change MW ovens is REMOVE the bulb.
: I like to leave the door ajar much of the time and those lights are on
: when the door is open, so I'd just as soon not have them in there
: wasting juice. Plus, it doesn't make sense to watch the food cook -
: EMF's and that sort of thing... also possible escaping MW radiation.
: Besides, you can't see too well through the mesh in the doors, is my
: experience. Maybe you can talk her into not missing the light. I hate
: them.
:
: Dan
:
:Quick way to check for radiation lek is to use a flourescent bulb and
:move it closely around the microwave. It will glow if there is any kind
f leak.
For real? This works?? Thanks!

Dan

PS It would probably work with a compact flourescent bulb too, I
imagine.

My brother showed me that one. Yes it works. Didn't believe it till I
saw it. And he did have to buy a new microwave as that one was just
plain worn out. Lot of tv dinners went thru that thing LOL