Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Patio Door Replacement

I have to replace the patio door of my rental townhouse.

The entrance is block inside and brick outside.

It seems that the overall opening is somewhat larger than the nominal 72x80
door size. (Maybe 77" wide and 82" high).

Anyway:

1) Who here has actually done this on a DIY basis?

2) What do you get with, say, a French door from HD/Lowes? How much
"trim" to you either have to salvage or replace?

3) Just how heavy are these things? Did you haul it yourself or have
it delivered?

Thanks

PS: "They" seem to charge from $450 to $800 for installation. The lower
price comes from Lowe's and the highest price is from a specialty place.