Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default remodel without a truck?

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:29:01 -0800, Oren wrote:

Can your car pull a trailer?

Most cars dont actually have frames anymore, and can only pull about
500 pounds, and not even that if you accelerate fast. The trailer
weighs at least 200 usually, so that gives you 300 payload.

I'm probably going to buy a Harbor Freight trailer tonight or tomorrow
(but since someone mentioned it, I'll look in the NOrthern catalog.

I'm having it delivered to my borother in Texas where i will assemble
it while visiting. My 7 year old nephew can help me. And then I will
drive back with some furniture. Unfortunately I have nowhere to keep
the trailer and I'll have to sell it after that. It's still cheper
than renting a truck or a van, 900 plus airfare one way, versus 200
plus gas an extra one-way. Gas and airfare are about the same, so 700
dollars cheaper and I 'm going to have a 5+5 day sightseeing trip.