Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby Stubby is offline

Default Dimensional lumber at HD

George wrote:
Stubby wrote:
Jack wrote:
Went to a few HD's and Lowes in my area to get a dozen 2x4 studs for
a project. After going through the piles for 15 minutes at each
place to find straight lumber, I gave up. Most of the stuff was
twisted. (Bowed studs I could have used in a pinch).
.
Have you all had similar experiences? Do you have better results at
a lumber yard even though its usually alot more expensive?

Most HD customers go to the lumber department expecting to find studs
suitable for cabinet work. If precision is what you want, go to a
hardwood supply house and buy kiln dried oak, maple, walnut, etc. For
framing applications, you should talk with a professional framer and
ask how he selects lumber.

Naw, customers *should* expect to find the same quality lumber that can
buy at the local real lumber yard (where the professional framer would
get his supplies). What they find is a different story.

Ya pays your money and ya takes your pick.