Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Fixing a Dewalt DW945

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:10:47 -0800, "patrick mitchel"
wrote:

I've taken off the chuck on a makita- opened the jaws to the max- unscrew
the phillips head screw at the center (usual rotation - counterclockwise)
then take a bigger size allen wrench- chuck it tight, then give a reverse
rotation whack to the allen wrench- should spin off. clockwise. Pat

Darn, I'm getting old. I guess I did the thing with the allen wrench
10 or 15 years ago, but I forgot that step. Thanks.

The screw is gone, if there was one, so I'm half way there.