Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sonofabitchsky@hotmail.com is offline

Default replace microwave oven light?

Crazy idea, but, um, have you called or emailed Whirlpool?

Ed Chait wrote:
My mom has a Whirlpool GMC275PD built-in microwave oven. This is one of
double built-ins with a microwave on top and a conventional oven on the
bottom.

The light on the microwave recently burned out and she asked me to try to
replace it. After looking at it, it seems as if the only way to replace the
bulb is to remove the unit completely from the wall.

Could this be the case with this model? I find it hard to believe that
someone would design something like that, but in doing some Internet
research on the issue, it seems as if several manufacturers designt them
like that. Simply replacing the bulb requires an expensive service call.

I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Ed Chait