Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Schuler Charles Schuler is offline

Default Plug won't come out

Yeah ... right. Here is what you would have to do: Grip the metal part of
the screwdriver with your left hand and ground your feet at the same time.
Guess what? It still would not work in 9999 out of 10000 tries.

Even if you are right, those odds are not good enough when you are
giving advice to someone else. When turning off the power could make
the odds zero.

I assumed that was commonly understood. How much detail is reasonable?
Should I have also written: "Put on your shoes before going to the panel
because you could tramp on a sharp object?" Posters here know some basics.
Also, posters know that free advice is worth what it costs. Give the OP
some credit, you cretin. I did not say that the power should NOT be turned
off!

A, you didn't tell him not to hold the metal part of the screwdriver.
B, you didn't tell him there must be an insulated handle. He might
decide to use a tire iron because it is longer.
C, he might use a screwdriver with an insulated handle and then grip
the metal while struggling.
D, his other *hand* could easily touch something, not just his feet.

E, read the paper, watch the news and you'll see stories of people
killed by electricity, some doing no more than this guy would.

Wow, you are really groping and grasping here. You are well beyond assinine
with the above divel.

I can see omitting telling him to turn off the fuse, but resisting
twice when someone tells you to include it!

How the heck can I include it when it was already posted?

Jackass.

Your obnoxious ilk is so typical on Usenet these days. You have no answers,
or helpful information, but you are replete with criticism for those trying
to help. Jackass, indeed. Cretin.