Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default help needed matching cabinet stain to wall stain

wrote in
ps.com:

I am attempting to match up a custom built curved oak wall of an
island to Kraftsmaid cabinets (wood = cherry). Cabinets are stained
color "Peppercorn". My contractor stained the custom built wall twice
with Dark Walnut (darkest stain we could find) and then put the poly
on. It's still a bit lighter than the cabinet finish.

How do you think I could get it darker? Should I paint it?

http://www.kraftmaid.com/doorsfinish...onid=315X0&doo
rstyleid=135 To see the cabinet stain color, click on this link and
select Finish "Peppercorn"

The cherry cabinets will be darker in a couple of seasons anyway. I'd
suggest trying to enjoy the difference. Or make it more different. Unless
Kraftsmaid didn't actually use cherry, but toned something else to 'look
like cherry'.

This wood stuff, like people, change with age. Sometimes better, sometimes
not.

Patriarch