Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Teflon woven teflon matting

In message , Stephen Howard
writes
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:48:49 GMT, raden wrote:

I have an impulse sealer (for heat sealing plastic bags) and it's no
longer supported by the manufacturer, which means that I can no longer
get the woven teflon material which goes between the heating element and
the plastic bags to seal

I'm sure it must be possible to get this on a roll , which would be
ideal, but my google-fu seems to be weak in that direction

And following on from the teflon thread a while back, I was wondering
about the HSE implications of using this stuff, since it does eventually
blacken and burn away

The fumes from burnt Teflon are apparently quite toxic to birds, which
has been known for some time. It also appears that there's a risk to
humans too. I've included a few links that might help you weigh up the
pros and cons:

http://www.mercola.com/2005/jun/7/teflon_toxicity.htm

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?...ic=31356&st=30

Apologies if any if this came up in a previous thread - I missed it.

Well between that and the asbestos dust and solder fumes and everything
else

.... am I actually still alive,

or just a figment of the collective imagination of uk.d-i-y ?

--
geoff