Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing asbestos garage roof

Roly wrote:
We need to pass some pipes through our corrugated asbestos garage
roof, so although for many years we've followed the advice to leave
well alone, it makes sense to now get rid of it and replace it with
something less scary. The Garage has a flat sloping roof and adjoins
the house.

I can find plenty of information about how a DIYer can safely remove
and dsipose of the asbestos sheets, but I'm wondering what would be
best used to replace it ?

Any suggestions would be welcome. Do building regs influence the
choice of materials ? Which materials are most practical ?

Bitumen Corrugated Sheet http://www.wickes.co.uk/icat/rsbitumenroof

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman