Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Dimensional lumber at HD

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Jack wrote:

Went to a few HD's and Lowes in my area ...
...Do you have better results at a lumber yard ...

Quality, convenient location, or low price.

Pick two out of three.

To leave out?

The only one of the three that either borg had in Knoxville was
potentially price -- it certainly wasn't convenient to fight the mall
traffic and quality in dimensional lumber was a joke, so that only
leaves one at best. And, if one factored in anything for time both in
the selection/purchasing process as well as using the sorry material in
the end, then the price ain't so hot either... (But the blue had a
far higher chance of at least acceptable quality than the orange there,
but not reliably enough so that I'd have given up Witt's or Cherokee or
Anderson or...oh, to have only one of them here would seem heaven's
doors opened. Of course, they couldn't have here what they did there
w/ less than 5-10% the population, either.)

But I know you didn't mean it all that seriously, just the mantra,
Jeff...