Posted to alt.home.repair
PawsForThought PawsForThought is offline

Default HELP please: Replacing Lampholder fixture

avid_hiker wrote:
This is definetly WRONG!! The white to the group of whites.....and the
black to the blacks......the red to the group of blacks.

I could swear that the red wire was twisted in with the black and white
wires from the electrical outlet box. I wish I'd paid better attention
when removing the old light fixture.

Argh! I think you're right and I'll have to call an electrician. I
know it's probably something simple I'm missing.

This is probably your safest bet.....dont want to read about you in the
morning paper.

Thanks, lol, me either. I called up a couple of electrcians, one
wanted $75 and another $90. So I decided to call an electrician we've
used in the past. Unfortunately, he doesn't live that close but one of
his workers will hopefully be in our area this week so can come by to
fix it ($45). I wouldn't normally care that much about an outlet not
working but this is the one that the clothes washer and dryer are
plugged into and there's not another outlet nearby. It's just
frustrating because I'm sure the fix is something very simple.

Anyways, thanks everyone for your help. I really do appreciate it.