Posted to alt.home.repair
7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION 7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION is offline

Default dishwasher not draining

Brian wrote:
wrote:
I just wanted to post my recent experience with our dishwasher not
draining at the end of the cycle. Initially it started with small
amount of water left at the bottom. Few days back there was more water.
After some poking around and web searches, I checked the air gap on the
sink, next to the faucet. The pipe end inside was completely clogged
with some lint like stuff. After I removed the clog, the dishwater
started draining properly. Cleaning up the air gap was was simple. I
pulled out the cover and then unscrewed the base.

Hopefully this will help others with similar problem.

-Dipu

I'm having the same problem. Where is the air gap located? Got any
pictures? Thanks

You're kidding, right?

It's that pipe sticking up off your sink.

It's a vent.