Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Dave Herron Dave Herron is offline

Default Nail guns

I'm curious. How's the noise level on the compressor included in these
Porter-Cable gun / compressor packages? I'm about to replace my 5hp
compressor ( Coleman brand - direct drive ) because of the noise level.
Even with noise protection it is way tool loud. Is the compressor
output adequate for spraying? I haven't seen the specs.

Michael Faurot wrote:
Tom The Great wrote:

I went to HomeDepot one day, and found a brad gun, finish nailer and
compressor on sale. It came with a rebate for a stapler too, which is
still in the shrink wrap. It's a porter cable, I dont' use it much,
but when I want it to work, it works like a champ.

I did about the same thing. I believe there may be threee different
Porter Cable gun/compressor kits at Home Depot, each coming with
the same compressor but differing in the number of guns included.
The one I got was about $300 and came with an 18g brad nailer, 16g
finish nailer, a stapler, a length of air hose, nails for each of
the guns, a carrying case for all the guns, a small tube of oil and
the pancake style compressor.

I really like this kit and all of the guns have worked great. I've
mostly used the brad and finish nailers, but have also found an
occasional use for the stapler.

Only thing I have done, is figure if I want a framing gun, but I
figured I don't do enough work to justify buying it, when I can spend
money on so much other stuff.

I decided I wanted a framing nailer as well, but knew I wouldn't use
one often enough to justify the cost. So I wound up getting one from
Harbor Freight for about $70 along with a couple different sizes of
nails. While only $70, it's worked flawlessly each of the times I've
needed it.

remove ".invalid".