Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default Dimensional lumber at HD

It varies day to day. Don't bother with the cheap ones - the "Premium"
studs are $.50 more but you'll find straighter ones and they're less
likely to warp after you get them home.

Also, never hesitate to grab some tin snips from the tool isle and
break open a fresh pallet of studs. The HD staff will give you dirty
looks for it but they're not the ones who have to fix a bowed wall.

-rev

Jack wrote:
Went to a few HD's and Lowes in my area to get a dozen 2x4 studs for a
project. After going through the piles for 15 minutes at each place to find
straight lumber, I gave up. Most of the stuff was twisted. (Bowed studs I
could have used in a pinch).
.
Have you all had similar experiences? Do you have better results at a
lumber yard even though its usually alot more expensive?
Thanks.