Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] terrence.nixa@gmail.com is offline

Default Airless paint sprayer help: primer OK, but enamel has streaks/tails

I did not strain the paint but I don't think I have a clog but I guess
its possible. I just talked to a painter and he said there are
different kinds of tips. The black ones (what I have) are mainly for
latex and the green ones are for finer stuff like oil base so I'm going
to try a green tip.

Pete C. wrote:
wrote:

Thanks for the response Lawrence!

I think my technique is ok. The problem is that I am not getting an
even/uniform spray. When I spray I get 4/5 pronounced streams with a
significant gap between two of them. Its not terrible but its not good
enough to paint my interior doors. It might be good enough to paint my
door frames and windows though.

Did you strain the paint before pumping? Could perhaps have a clog? Do
you have a viscosity cup to check the paint viscosity and thin as
appropriate?

Pete C.