Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Dimensional lumber at HD

"Jack" wrote in message ...
Went to a few HD's and Lowes in my area to get a dozen 2x4 studs for a
project. After going through the piles for 15 minutes at each place to
find straight lumber, I gave up. Most of the stuff was twisted. (Bowed
studs I could have used in a pinch).
.
Have you all had similar experiences? Do you have better results at a
lumber yard even though its usually alot more expensive?
Thanks.

Actually no; it sometimes takes a while to find what I want, but it is
always there.

There is a 20 year old story about a Grossman's store that saw it sales of
lumber go to zero. It seems the store policy was to scrap nothing, so the
bins eventually filled up with crap and customers had to go elsewhere.
Probably there is an occassional store like that still, but it has to be a
rarity.