Posted to sci.electronics.repair
M Berger M Berger is offline

Default 87 Pontiac revisited (bit long, but detailed)

That's less than the price of a decent catalytic converter,
and Midas is usually very high on labor costs. In fact,
our local Midas quotes $ 300 and up. I wonder what they
really did to your car?

webpa wrote:

Been through all this with an '86 Fiero. Flushed, adjusted, then
replaced EVERYTHING...every sensor, vacuum hose, valve, and device...to
no effect. In the end, it took a new catalytic converter...which cost
all of US$86, installed. By Midas Mufflers. About 1/4 of what I'd
spent on the other parts. So: Don't jump to conclusions.