Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Deadening stainless steel sink noise.

"Bob M." wrote in message
. ..

"Jack" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just got a nice big stainless steel sink for our kitchen. I love it,
except it is loud and "tinny" when you drop stuff in it. I am

That's not the only reason you'd want it but I doubt any coating would be
real effective against sound. The other reason there should be some kind
of spray-on lining is to prevent condensation on the bottom of the sink.

Ask around at non-big-box home improvement places, places that sell
counters, kitchen remodelers, etc.

If it's a real pain, just spray on some of that "Stuff-it" foam and smear it
on in a thin layer. I would think twice about doing it if you care at all
about the underside finish, but it'll certainly deaden the sound.

Might require some artistic talent too - otherwise you might have a real
mess under there!