Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default hardwood flooring installation

On 2 Jan 2007 08:09:10 -0800, wrote:

Does hardwood flooring have to be installed horizontally with the
longest (widest) part of a room ? Or can it be installed from the
shortest side of the room (narrowest) and then just worked all the way
down to the end of the room?
Thanks.

If one room transitions in to another, continue that direction into
the next room/closet.... Stand in the doorway to the room to help you
determine what is visually appealing. Someone mentioned diagonal and I
think there are no hard and fast rules. . We are just about finish
with 2500 sp ft of 5/8 x 5 1/8 maple T&G. Some rooms were different.

In a great room/master/office we rain it with the long wall. In the
main dining room we ran in with the short wall. (concrete
foundation). Other bedrooms were different, also.

--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."