Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default New Studio Phrases - back on topic

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 19:11:08 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

To be fair to these artists, I don't think that they come up with all
the bull**** language that seems to encumber their realm.

I think that comes from commentators on their art, rather than from
the artists themselves.

Artists are useful - most commentators are not.

Replace "commentators", with "music critic", and you're multitasking.

Dem bitches ain't nuttin' more than commentators in a different field.

It is the entire class of commentators that must be taken to task.

People who actually make things, be it wooddorking, music, literature,
or damn near anything that can have a maker - are completely different
than those who set themselves up to commentate, criticalize,
summarize, etc.

Some smart dude, whom I can't remember for attribution just now,
described critics as eunuchs in the harem - they see the trick done
every day but are incapable of doing it themselves - and out of their
frustration speak out against those that can.

That may be a tad harsh.

nah.....

Regards,

Tom Watson