Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default Wiring wall-mounted speakers

"Pete C." wrote in message
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

In article . com,

"AlexJDB" wrote:
Hi,

I just purchased a home theater speaker set and would like to wire it
through my walls, even though they are all closed. Is there a cheap way
to do this without destructing everything ?

Yes, but you'll need some specialized tools and it *really*
helps if you have some experience and know the tricks. It's
called "fishing" and you'll need a "fish tape" as a minimum
(available at Home Depot et al).

It's really not all the difficult in most cases unless you have very
unusual construction. I helped a friend install a whole house audio
setup in his new house and after we did a few pulls together one evening
he was able to do several more the next evening without me. The biggest
trick is in mapping and measuring properly to insure you are working the
correct wall cavity.

Pete C.

If there is room to crawl around, one way is to go down from the attic
through the wall header, into the desired wall cavity and out where you want
it. Usual clues as to wall location is the electrical wiring from attic to
an outlet.
MLD