Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default High Wattage Dimmer Switch

" wrote:

Since I'll need about 30 75W lights, I think I'll go with (3) 15A
circuits (750W per circuit) and have each one using one of the 1000W
dimmers.

Thanks again,
Kevin

With that much light you may want to rethink the incandescent can thing
as it will be pretty expensive if you have them on a lot. Recessed cans
are also a pretty poor way to light an area unless it has a fairly high
ceiling which basements typically don't.

With a low ceiling and a lot of recessed cans you get a bunch of spots
of light on the floor with dim spots between them and very little light
on the walls or ceiling, making the room seem dark even though you have
a couple kilowatts of light.

Bi-directional wall sconces (up/down) and / or soffit / cove lighting
combined with specific area lighting such as floor lamps in a reading
area or an overhead light over a pool table will give much better
results and overall room feel.

Pete C.