Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Replace Popcorn Ceiling -- Best Replacement?

wrote:
I'm told that a plain simple finish shows any imperfections. What
tools and advice can you suggest regarding getting rid of all these
imperfections? I'm thinking of a plain simple white finish, and maybe
putting some crown molding around the edges. Sound good?

Advice? - You'll get what you pay for, so pay for a book:
http://www.amazon.ca/Drywall-Pro-Tip.../dp/1580112706
Personally, I like crown molding. Getting a smooth finish on the ceiling
is not hard, its just time consuming and depends on how much of a
perfectionist you want to be.
--
Grandpa