Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default plumbing solder replacement

Mike Dobony wrote:
Anybody have any experience with the epoxy replacement for traditional
soldering of copper plumbing joints? If si, how well did it work for you?
Any tips if you recommend it?

http://www.rd.com/content/openConten...ontentId=19573

I'd be leery of using it until it has passed the test of time.
Accelerated ageing tests often do not predict lifetime of a product.
Plastics usually fail catastrophically due to oxidation and I believe
copper pipes have a 60 year lifetime. Also, the 20 minute set-up time
is probably a gel time and full strength may take 24 hours to develop.
You certainly would not want to use for all your joints and if there is
a problem using a torch, use compression fittings as others suggested.
Frank