Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default How do I open a Dell AC Adapter?

wrote:
I tried it.. I'll try more..

The thing is, the place where the cord comes out of the adapter gets
hot and makes a strange noise (high pitched hiss). The green light does
not come on and the charger does not charge my Laptop.

Now Dell gave up on me.. a94in
And I'm sure the problem is the cord, for when I move it - the sound
changes.

It's broke, for sure and you might not even be able to fix it. Get
another one ASAP (see my post about eBay). Even if you get it fixed, a
second adapter (to keep in your computer bag, leaving the other at your
desk) is almost essential these days. They blow up, get lost or
stolen...two is a minimum, IMO.

Get another one...maybe two.

jak