Sunworshiper

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...---and I wouldn't trust any of them...

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:00:21 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:42:14 GMT, Sunworshiper
wrote:

I used to go into Raenosa a couple times a week, Sams Bar had a great
cantina with really good cabrito asada y aroze. Damn..now my mouth is
watering. Sigh

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Yeah, you did mention that didn't you. During the same time? I went
almost every Sat. night from '75-'80 and many times woke up with 15
door stamps on my arms. Driving there was fun and I did it with all
types of vehicles. I could tell hordes of stories that I can't say on
the record. We use to gorge on horse meat/carney as ada tacos just to
make it back across the border at 4 am. At the other place right next
to the bridge they had smoked dogs like some kind of german sausage
place with them hanging and nets around them while your eating.

One time this very good friend and I won this verbal bet with blank
blank over blank and he owed us all the gas and any restaurant bill ,
so we went to Mexico at a "primo" place and had so much food it was
beyond believe and the bill was only $38 . I miss them both.

I was there in 74 IRRC. Was working for Western Geophysical or Bendix
Geophysical, cant remember which. We were contracted to Pemex.

Oil?

Took the girlfriends to BoysTown at their request...chuckle...they were
tickled when they had to buy Prostitutes Licenses ($2-5 US) before the
Rurales would let them in. They simply had to see the girl with the
donkey. They did. As I recall they were in shock over that, and then
the gal with the pingpong ball shooting snatch took them right over the
edge. When she started picking up quarters off the corner of the
table...my buddies ol lady went speechless. Good thing too,...gawd she
had a motor mouth. Cajun.

Gunner

Missed that , but I did see stills of it in Mexican under ground rags.
back then. Must have been a sight ! You must have had some very
mature girls , I can't imagine them wanting to go there. I was
shocked at that area. I use to fill up and the cans in the trunk @
something like 20 cents a gallon of gas and add AV gas and Marvel
Mystery Oil.

I like the weather there, it was funny how the locals would be wearing
coats , gloves, and boots when it got under 60 F. I went to the same
high school as Freddy Fender and there was only kickers (cotton farmer
kids) , 98% Mexican/pochucos, and one surfer (me). One day I was
walking up the middle sidewalk and a line of pochucos blocked my path.
I was thinking , oh great my gun and knight stick are in the car and
if I turn away I will get in more trouble. So , I went for it and got
stopped by the leader in the walkway and he says " I hear your in
trouble with the kickers , you just say the word, and I would love to
take care of them for you..." I was happy , at least I didn't get
killed and 98% of the school is watching. What was really funny is
that they built a new school and it had no corners for the kids to
neck in anymore. Drug raids and dogs where at least twice a week.

I almost rented a huge Apt. on the second floor over in Mex. for $75 a
month and it had an automatic door to dive your car into the court
yard.

There was also an acquaintance down there that had a Cessna 180 with
big tires. He would take all the seats out and load up with coolers
and fishing rods and fly down the coast into Mexico and land out in
BFE and fish for the weekend by himself and come back with big
beautiful fish. Now, that sounds like fun to me.