Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Gaffer / Duct / Electrical tape

Huge wrote:
On 2007-01-02, Anna Kettle wrote:
IME this sort of tape varies lots in how sticky it is. The
not-very-sticky type is no use for me eg Jewsons own brand so I'm
looking at the Screwfix catalogue

Has anyone used 14470 unbranded?

Hmmm. I use duct tape to hold the numbers on the side of my race
car;

http://www.borough19motorclub.co.uk/img281.jpg

There are three types of Duck tape. IME this is a good brand of
properly sticky tape but which one to choose?

24428 Duck cloth tape
84740 Duck power tape

Can't help there, sorry, except the latter says it's waterproof. The
SF own brand certainly isn't (as I found when trying to patch my
inflatable swimming pool this summer.)

Daughter uses 12334 (think that's SF own brand?) to hold various bits on
her sailing dinghy and they seem to stay put OK, as you can see (she's
on the far left ;-) :
http://img.photojerk.com/jcFlEWzJ.JPG

David