Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Garage Door Retrofit For Safety?

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Steve Barker LT wrote:
You should have qualified that sentence with "unsupervised" Small
children......

It would appear you know little about five year old children. You may
know a great deal about garage door openers however. Don't let you lack of
knowledge of children get in the way of accepting the laws requiring safety
protection.

Then again, many of us know a lot about kids but no longer have any nor
are anywhere close to where there are any...as someone else noted, it's
miles to another farmhouse and I'll be d---'d if I'm going to have to
restart the door closer after starting to close it and leaving by that
direction rather than going "long way 'round"...

It's the "one size fits all" mentality that bugs me in such
discussions. While the kids were young and we lived in a residential
neighborhood I did put up w/ the occasional inconvenience to not bypass
them, but see absolutely no reason to do so here at the present time.