Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Measuring Electrical Useage

Rob wrote:

Anyway, I want to see if I can determine what the primary culprit is
in this very high meter reading. I am thinking it might be the
refrigerator. The fridge is an older, built-in Sub-Zero model which,
while nice seems to run a lot. Long story short, is there a device I
can purchase to put between the fridge's plug and the wall outlet that
will measure it's electric usage over a period of time, say a day? If
not, what is the best way to guage the usage of this appliance? I
don't have a backup fridge to use while I turn this one off for a
month and see what next month's bill looks like, so I'm looking for an
alternative.... Also, I looked up the model on the web, but did not
find any info on it related to electrical usage, so that is not an
option...
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Rob

You have received a lot of good advice. I will add that the
dehumidifier can be a heavy user and if you are living in an old swamp, even
a sump pump can use a lot.

Don't forget to compare usage with usage not $$ with $$ rates vary
greatly. Also you may have a bad meter and or the billing period may
include time other than when you owned the home and or some sort of start up
fees.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit