Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] someone@someISP.com is offline

Default Putting wiring on the top of rafters

Just curious. I normally see in unfinished buildings such as garages,
where the romex wiring is stapled to the sides of trusses and other
lumber overhead. I am wiring a garage and decided to put the wires on
the top of these boards. On the trussses it's on their sides because
of the boards that run upward, but most of the wires run down the
center of the building on a 2x4 that runs the length of the building
and was put there just for the lights (plus a little bit more
stability for the trusses). This is a low roof so there will never be
a floor put up there. Aside from a few birds that get up there,
nothing will be placed on top of these wires. I just thought it would
look better if they were on the top. I was wondering if this is
legal, before I go any further with them.

Thanks