Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace Popcorn Ceiling -- Best Replacement?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a popcorn ceiling that is in need of replacement. Here it is
2007 and I'm wondering what is the most popular ceiling option these
days? I keep hearing the terms "Skip Trowel", "Textured", and "Flat",
but am not sure which of these options is the most "popular" these
days. I'm planning on doing the work myself, so if possible, I would
like an option that does not require a lot of experience, or expensive
equipment to purchase. Are there any good Web Sites out there that can
give you good "how to" information on this subject?

Plain old smooth finish is never out of style, IMO. Just remove the popcorn
and paint.