Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Schmall Bob Schmall is offline

Default Soon to be Shop FS

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 09:14:08 -0600, Bob Schmall wrote:

... snip
That's more than you wanted to know, right?

Nope; it's a relief to know that another woodworker is not being lost due
to disability. Sounds like you have an enjoyable few years coming up. Best
wishes.

Bob

Cool thing: I was cruising TV channels a couple of months ago when I hit
the Health Channel (whatever it's called) and got stopped by the image
of a gigantic guy. Turns out he's Chinese, 20 years old, and 7'9".
That's seven feet, nine inches. He's a basketball player, duh, with
exactly the same benign tumor as mine. It's located in the brain next to
the pituitary gland, which is the control for all the other glands. My
blurred vision gave it away, but in his case it's a runaway thyroid that
contributed to his size. I got to watch the exact same surgery they
performed on me, but from the outside. Up into the nose with a tiny
scope and an itty-bitty vacuum, through a couple of layers of eggshell
bone, into the area around the carotid artery, optic nerves, and
pituitary. Suck that sucker right out they did, and he's back on the
court in 6 weeks. That's what being 20 will do for you.

Bob