Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M Stephen M is offline

Default Clamps - 40"+ sized clamps

I have 8 Kbodies, 8 Pipe clamps and a bazillon F clamps.

I reach for the K-bodies first, but I don't need nor want all Kbodies in the
collection. Kbodies have the nice property that the apply nice 90 -degree
pressure, unlike an F-clamp which can cause a joint to slide.

Once you have an assembly locked in place with 2 K-bodies, you can
supplement with other types of clamps.

In addition to price, pipe clamps have more length flexibility. I have 4 at
36" and 4 at 60". With some couplers I can potentially have 3,5,6,8, and 10'
clamps.

I think an assortment of type is really the best.

-Steve

"Coltrane" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am looking for clamps that are at least are between 40" and 48".
I am just starting to get into wood working and I am starting with some
cabinets and tables. I want to get quality clamps that will last but I
don't want to get the "rolls royce" of clamps.

I have only seen Jorgensen Cabinet Master which can be found in 48".
Bessey has 3 different options the Tradesmen medium Duty goes to 40",
the Tradesmem Heavy Duty goes all the way to 90 with a 4.5 throat.
The last Bessey option is K Body clamp which has widths all the way to
98".

Can someone give me some input regarding these clamps or recomend
others.

thanks for your help

john