Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Clamps - 40"+ sized clamps

LRod wrote:

There's something here that I think everyone missed. I noticed because
I fell into the trap myself once. If you're just starting (even if you
are doing some tables), you're going to generally run into far more
occasions when you need 24" clamping capacity than 40+".

snip

If you want an argument, change the subject.

I've probably got over 100, 3", 4, 6", & 8" C-Clamps.

At least 15-20, 18",& 24" bar clamps.

After that, comes the pipe clamps.

Keep an eye out for Harbor Freight bar clamp sales.

Last time I got some 18" bar clamps for less than $2 each.

Yes they are cheap, but bar clamps aren't heavily loaded gadgets.

Lew