Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCD nuisance trip

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Just had the RCD trip out, went down to investigate, it tripped straight
out again, twice, so initially appeared to be a fault remaining
somewhere. To identify which circuit I switched off all MCBs on
protected side, the RCD then reset OK, so switched on MCBs one at a time
expecting RCD to trip when I reached the offending circuit, but they all
came back OK.

Snag is an MCB only isolates the line and an RCD will trip if a fault is
in the neutral. Of course it gives you a 50/50 chance of finding out which
circuit it is.

--
*Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.