Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon George E. Cawthon is offline

Default Measuring Electrical Useage

Dean Hoffman wrote:
In article ,
Rob wrote:

I recently moved into my house and I got my first full month's electric
bill and was floored. It was almost $150! I have never lived somewhere
with a bill over $80 for a single month. On top of that, this house does
not have some of the common big time electric drawing appliances. My hot
water heater, dryer and home heating are not electric. The only electric
appliances that run often are the fridge, the sump pump and a portable
dehumidifier in the basement

Some cut.

What are the electric rates at your new place? My parent's
bill is consistently about twice mine. It's just a matter of the
electrical supply coming from a different utility.

Dean

Nope, even at the most outrageous electrical rate,
the 3 named appliances operating normally could
not run up a monthly bill of $150.