Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Measuring Electrical Useage

"Rob" wrote in message
I recently moved into my house and I got my first full month's electric
bill and was floored. It was almost $150! I have never lived somewhere with
a bill over $80 for a single month.

I see you were already told about the Kill A Watt meter. Aside from that,
read you own meter for a few days or so to see what is going on with use on
a regular basis. The first reading may have been inaccurate or a longer
period also, depending on when it was read at the transfer of accounts.

FWIW, my typical bill is about $130 a month. Two refrigerators, freezer,
dryer, computers, etc. We pay 17¢ a kW