Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Garage Gift Ideas

There are a lot better places to buy tools than Home Depot. Give him
your charge card number, a spending limit and let him search the web
for a better selection and often times a better price.

These aren't recommendations, just examples of some on-line tool
stores. Maybe some other folks will list their favorite on-line tool
sites. Just like brick & mortar stores, one will have the better prices
on some items; another will beat them on others.

www.northerntool.com
www.tools-plus.com
www.grizzlytools.com

And before anyone jumps all over me about the convenience of being able
to return a defective tool to a store, warranties, etc., I'll bring it
up myself. Yes, these are issues to consider when buying tools on-line.
I've bought power tools on-line and I've had to return one or two and
deal with the shipping, etc. However, over the long run, since I am
buying quality names like Dewalt and Porter-Cable, these issues have
been few and far between and the prices have more than made up for any
inconvenience caused by having to return a tool. Also keep in mind that
any local authorized factory service center will repair a quality name
tool regardless of where you purchased it.

Rich wrote:
- Safest bet is to get him a HomeDepot gift card and let him get what
he
- wants.