Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default Garage Door Retrofit For Safety?

the neighborhood kid would be trespassing. My closest neighbor is 1/2 mile
away and he's 86 years old.

--
Steve Barker

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Steve Barker LT wrote:
I can't imagine why anyone would want to add that nuisance of the
electric eyes. Mine are mounted on the ceiling above the opener. What a
pain!

Not as much pain as the guys at the emergency room can tell you about.
They were added because of real life accidents from people who never
thought it would happen.

Now maybe that is not enough for you, maybe you should consider that if
a neighbor kid gets bumped in the head by your door some lawyer is going
to make a fortune off you. You may find that your insurance does not help
because you intentionally defeated the safety device.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought a new home with garage door openers. They function
properly, and they have an "automatic reverse" if they bump
something. I'd like to retrofit them with an "Electric Eye" so they
if something or someone passes inderneath them. I'd also like to
adjust the reverse function so that they will reverse on a softer
bump than they currently do.

Is this possible?

--
Joseph Meehan