Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R. Walter R. is offline

Default Garage Door Retrofit For Safety?

Why spend $ 90 on refitting your old opener when you can buy a new one, with
all safety equipment for $ 150.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Rich" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought a new home with garage door openers. They function
properly, and they have an "automatic reverse" if they bump something.
I'd like to retrofit them with an "Electric Eye" so they if something
or someone passes inderneath them. I'd also like to adjust the reverse
function so that they will reverse on a softer bump than they currently
do.

Is this possible?

Installing a reverse sensor is simple enough for the average
do-it-yourselfer. You will find a simple to install unit at:
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com/safe...e-devices.html

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com