Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] kv888831393ster@gmail.com is offline

Default Need advice DIY digital camera repair

An additional note. He does gripe about a few problems with the camera
but he does say it's"VERY PLEASANT " to work on. While I haven't worked
on this particular camera, I find Fujis in general are very nice to
work on. The other gripe I would have is the delicate nature of the
followers on the retrofocus converters in the point and shoot lenses.
So Fujis are nice to work on as are Nikons and Sonys. Not so nice are
Canons (tho' they make excellent cameras) and especially bad are
Kodaks. You'd wind up having to desolder some connections to get into
many of their models.
Richard