Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] kv888831393ster@gmail.com is offline

Default Need advice DIY digital camera repair

That's a good webpage Jim, I'll bookmark it.
Where he says to use your fingernail to crack the case I use a nylon
prop from the hobby shop. Like a #3 Master Airscrew. I slide the
trailing edge along the seam with down pressure. The big help is the
pic so you can see which side to push down to release the lock tabs.
The prop works as good as the case crackers I used as a pro.
I'd also suggest organizing all the screws as you take them out. I use
white ice cube trays and make notes as to exactly where the screws came
from. Magnetized screwdrivers and thread lock are also good.
Richard

DemoDisk wrote:
"Jim Land" wrote ...

Oh, this is your lucky day! Here's a great web page with instructions
and pictures:

http://www.digsys.com.au/s3800/s3800.html

That's it, Jim!

Ouch. He doesn't like those Fuji's, does he? ;D

I'm going to read the page more carefully in a while, but judging by
what's there I'm pretty sure the repair w/b expensive.

'less I do it myself.

Many thanks!
JPM