Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Clamps - 40"+ sized clamps

In article et,
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Somebody wrote:

I have a few Bessy K body's but keep grabbing my pipe clamps. The K
body's rarely leave the wall.

Without question, Bessey K-body clamps are superior; however; 3/4 pipe
clamps will also do a good job with a little practice.

Contact a pipe distributor and get a quote on pipe nipples.

Just recently bought some 3/4 x 60" long, black iron nipples. Price was
about $15.00.

Add some couplings and you have a lot of flexibility.

Lew

I'd add to that that I have at least 2 dozen pipe clamps ranging from
a foot to more than 6 feet, and have never paid for the pipe used in
any of them. If you have any industry in your area you can probably
find all the pipe you'd ever need in dumpsters.
[I do buy new pipe for any plumbing projects, however. ]
--
A man who throws dirt loses ground.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland -