Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default Clamps - 40"+ sized clamps

"Coltrane" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am looking for clamps that are at least are between 40" and 48".
I am just starting to get into wood working and I am starting with some
cabinets and tables. I want to get quality clamps that will last but I
don't want to get the "rolls royce" of clamps.

I have only seen Jorgensen Cabinet Master which can be found in 48".
Bessey has 3 different options the Tradesmen medium Duty goes to 40",
the Tradesmem Heavy Duty goes all the way to 90 with a 4.5 throat.
The last Bessey option is K Body clamp which has widths all the way to
98".

Can someone give me some input regarding these clamps or recomend
others.

Don't buy 48" capacity. It won't clamp the edges on your plywood. Bessey
comes 51, and that's a good option.

If I had it to do again I would have bought Bessey in the beginning. Clamps
last a lifetime, you might as well get the best.