Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCD nuisance trip

Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

couple of sections useful:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Rewiring_Tips

I'm not knocking you for redirection to wiki/faq, I agree there is good
general information being consolidated there, I indicated I already knew
I'd be better served by an extra non-protected circuit, also it doesn't
seem to have mention causes of RCD trips (nuisance or otherwise) I
suppose it could mention damage to wiring, lamps blowing, damp ingress,
EMI suppression filters, etc.

I was really questioning why simply opening and closing all the MCBs had
allowed the RCD to reset when it initially wouldn't, everything else was
scene-setting.

Thanks anyway.

I was thinking of the discussion of RCBOs. Fitting them really is the
best approach to these situations. Imho anyway. Article explains why
IIRC.

NT